Skip to main content

Pink & Turquoise

It is great to be back after what for me was a long and tired weekend. I found some fabulous President's Day sales at Joann's and discovered a wonderful Spellbinders retailer store: Scrap-mart. A good bargain is something that will keep me awake! I did some aggressive shopping! LOL. I am looking forward to show you new projects with what I got, but that will take some time so let's talk about today's card instead!

This is another of my beginner cards, not so beginner really... Let's just say it's one of the cards I created after taking a long break after my father's passing and after finishing all the legal work that it involved and that I had to take care of. I basically took a year off. And after I finished doing these cards in the end of 2102, I stopped again. It was until December 2013 that I decided I really wanted to commit to card making, for it is one thing that makes me absolutely happy. And here I am!

So after explaining how that time of my life was all about, I can tell you that this is a card inspired on a Spellbinders card showcased on their gallery on 2011: "Call Me" by Windy Robinson. I always had a crush on this design and I had to try it. But because it's been such a long time I had to update/recycle it. First of all I had to glue the layers all over again, add new ribbon and paper twine bows, add a fresh sentiment and some crystals. And this is the makeover result:




Materials
Shery K. Designs - Pink Turquoise set
EK Success Embossed Curve Slim Edger border punch
Spellbinders:
- Rose Creations
- Fancy Framed Tags Two (oval)
- Grand Calibur die cutting machine
Prima Marketing Stamps - Lady Bird Collection
Ranger embossing ink
Ranger Distress ink in Spun Sugar
Inkadinkado embossing powder in red (ends up like hot pink)
Merletto:
- Paper Twine in bright blue
- Crystal stickers
- Pearl stickers
Bazic two sided tape and mounting tape
Cre-a gross grain ribbon in hot pink

I used the always amazing Shery K. Designs digital paper. The three patterns are from the same set. That's how great these sets are, you get excellent color combinations... That way you can focus on your project's design entirely.

I hope you liked this card. Let me know what you think!

Note: Digital paper of good quality will print bright and vibrant independently of the printer and/or the ink cartridge (original or generic). These two do influence the final print but if the paper prints too dark or is too different from the original digital image, it means that you probably got a scan and not a new design. Even vintage paper, if it's well designed, will print very accurately in relation with the digital preview. I'll have more tips on digital paper printing next time!


Now for the giveaway! Even better than Valentine´s treats are blog candies don't you think! Today you have the opportunity to win one of my favorite digital paper sets from Shery K. Designs. These are great quality papers that you can print endlessly at home. Each paper measures 12 x 12 inch. You may recall that I use the vintage handwriting paper frequently. This set is one of my very favorites. 

Shery has been so kind and she is sponsoring this giveaway. If you would like to see more of her designs please visit her shop, at Shery K. Designs


To participate go to my Valentine's blog post, click here: Valentine's Mini Paperpad and a GIVEAWAY.


This card is participating in:

Designer Paper X3
Hiding in my Craftroom Blog

Tic Tac Toe
2nd. row horizontal
Gems+ Die Cuts+ Ribbon
 Dis Digi Design Blog 

2nd Horizontal Row
One word sentiment
3D items
Diecuts
Aud Sentiments

Challenge #50 Tic Tac Toe
2nd. Diagonal
Bling, Ribbon, Flowers

Inkspirational Challenge Blog


 

Comments

  1. Great card, so bright and happy!! Great way to use patterned papers!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I'm excited for your good finds and glad you are back to doing something you love (and are have a talent for!) after an understandable break. Wishing you much happiness this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card so much. I love this color combination, the layout, the crispness of the layers, the flower, the patterns, the ribbon, everything!!!!! I just want to give this card a big hug! LOVE it.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Hiding in my Craft Room!!
    Sue from the Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!! I think you did the RIGHT THING in following your passion!!!! IT SHOWS!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gracielle!! YES! Flourishes is closing! This is the last week to buy things in their store--they're offering 50% off of everything that is left. MUCH is gone already! :( Jan Marie the owner & operator is dying of Cancer--only a 1% chance for her now. I think it's pancreatic cancer. Next Tuesday, is the last Blog Hop they'll be having. My heart is BROKEN! I haven't found any other companies that have such GORGEOUS IMAGES! Jan Marie is TRYING to sell the company.

    You are SOOO SWEET & thought you might like to have another "follower!" :) BLESSINGS TO YOU!!!!!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Graciellie, Thought you might like to check out this site! You can join if you like & this site will help you get more traffic to your blog too! Just post your creations there & have a link to your blog! They have LOTS of tutorials & groups too! Check it out here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/
    ENJOY!!!!!!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Graciellie,

    I love the card, please don't think me silly, but it reminds me of a little girl all dressed up for Easter. It's nice to see how one can recycle past creations and make them fresh again...good job. Have you gotten your handle yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca, I had no idea. I am shocked to know this. I even called my husband, because he know how much I love their stamps. I was a fool and didn´t order in time, now almost everything is gone. It really makes me sad that Jan is... Oh my, it breaks my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  9. About splitcoasters... I don´t know if I can handle a forum... I don´t know why, but I get confused, it´s too broad, that´s why I haven´t tried it yet. I´ll go check it out once more and see if I get it. LOL

    Thanks so much my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue Rose, my handle hasn´t arrived yet! It takes some time, I was not specified about the shipping method, and then it takes some more time to get shipped to me. Patience is one thing I have worked on all my life, but it never seems to be enough! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and detail. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, I didn't get everything I wanted either! :( They REALLY disappeared FAST!!!!!;)But, my hubby let me order some things last night. I ALWAYS try to hold out for the BEST POSSIBLE prices! LOL I figure if I'm meant to have it....:) THANK YOU for the list of Botanical Stamps that you've found! Botanical Stamps are the ones that make me SwOOooooOOOn!!!!! :) I'll check them out!! AND don't worry about the forum at SCS! The ladies are SUPER NICE & HELPFUL! Start at the beginning in the forums where the NEW COMERS begin & introduce yourself! They offer SOOO MUCH!!! I'm TLady over there! :)AND, I've noticed lately, to upload a card, they have made it MUCH EASIER TOO!!!!!! HOPE to see you there!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card. Lovely papers & colours. Gorgeous flower. Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love the bold colors. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments in our Bingo challenge
    Hugs,
    Julie t

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that the way to use 3X designer papers! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful! The flower is fabulous and I like the use of different patterns. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is beautiful! Love the pretty papers you used! Thanks for playing Tic Tac Toe with us at Di's Digi Stamps! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha